You are here: Uganda Jobs>>UCU Mukono
Uganda Christian University - Human Resource Officer
Jobcode 0102, Location: Mbale, Reports to College Secretary, Division Finance & Division, Pay Rate-CUM7
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist the Principal and College Secretary to implement Human Resource Policies at Mbale University College.
- Coordinate the orientation and induction workshops for new staff members and conducting follow ups.
- Maintain and track records on staff leave and oversee departmental annual leave plans.
- Ensure adherence to the staff Code of Conduct and staff handbooks by all staff
- Coordinate the creation and updating of personal files for all staff members
- Preparing documents and files for Human Resource committee, Staff Development Committee, Search Committee, and the University Staff Tribunal
- Follow up on staff concerns and grievances and make every effort to have them addressed in a timely manner.
- Organize and coordinate staff welfare events such as; sports day, Staff Christmas party, staff policy day and farewell parties
- Updating the HR data base and submitting reports to management,
- Work closely with Department Heads on Personnel related matters,
- Ensure that all staff enjoy a healthy and safe working environment,
- Conduct evaluation training, collect and collate all completed evaluation forms across the College and to monitor and review performance improvement plans for poor or underperforming staff as well as assisting line supervisors and trainers solve specific performance challenges,
- Keep an accurate record of all employees sponsored the University or self funded to ensure where feasible that the University is paying fees on time and that those employees undertaking training complete the courses/program in the prescribed time.
- Identifying training and development needs within the University and attempt to have them addressed.
- Develop a clear reward and recognition strategy for the different caliber of staff/job families.
- Administer the payroll in liaison with the Bursar and Academic Registrars office and circulate pay slips to staff on a monthly basis
Qualifications and Experience;
- A Bachelors Degree in Human Resource Management, Organizational Behavior, or Organizational Psychology from a recognized institution of Higher Learning.
- A postgraduate Diploma in Human Resource Management, Organizational Behavior, or Organizational Psychology from a recognized institution of Higher Learning will be an added advantage.
- At least two (2) years of work experience in a busy Human Resource Office or in a similar position,
- Must have knowledge of the Uganda Labor Laws and Employment Act 2006,
- Must be able to maintain high levels of confidentiality and integrity,
- Must have excellent communication skills both verbal and written plus interpersonal skills,
- Should have the ability to work with diverse personalities,
- Must have excellent computer skills e.g. word, excel, access, PowerPoint,
- Must be a committed and practicing Christian
Send two (2) copies of an application letter together with an updated Curriculum Vitae and three references; Academic, Leadership and Pastoral
Two (2) copies of academic and professional certificates and transcripts
Applications sent online must be in one PDF document
To: The Manager, Human Resource & Administration,
Uganda Christian University,
Po Box 4, Mukono
Deadline: 5:00p.m. Friday 21st July, 2017
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.